Looking for something fun to do with your kids during the fall months? This Popsicle Stick Scarecrow is the perfect fall craft to practice fine motor skills with your kids and encourage their creativity.
- Orange, maroon, and gold paint
- Regular popsicle sticks or craft sticks
- Small popsicle sticks
- Fall decorating leaves
- Black marker (Sharpie works well)
- Craft eyes
- Gold glitter glue
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Evenly line up 7 regular size popsicle sticks
- Using the hot glue gun, run a line of hot glue the entire length of a small popsicle stick and press it horizontally onto the end of the 7 popsicle sticks
- Repeat this step on the other end as well
- Flip the newly made board over and run an angled line of hot glue near the top of the board and apply a regular size stick at an angle to form the brim of the hat
- Use hot glue to attach the eyes just below the brim of the hat
- Using the orange paint, create a triangle shaped nose below the eyes
- With the black marker, draw on the scarecrow’s mouth
- To decorate the hat, use hot glue to attach two decorating leaves just above the brim.
- With the gold glitter glue, decorate the brim with small dots
- If desired, use gold pipe cleaners, straw, etc. to create hair for your scarecrow.
- Your scarecrow popsicle stick craft is now complete