When I was an elementary school teacher, I perfected Valentine’s Day. I mean, I had it down to an art and I had a great day…every single year.
However, Valentine’s Day with toddlers is very different and I had to change things up. So, I created another fun Valentine’s Day craft for preschoolers and toddlers.
As both a mom and a teacher, I am pretty against the Valentine’s Day candy-fest that seems to be so common. If you’ve ever spent time around multiple children on a sugar high, then I’m sure you get it!
I still want to make sure that their day is fun and memorable though. I love doing holiday crafts for this reason and so many more! I have been creating toddler and preschool crafts for every holdai and absolutely loving it!
Ready to make your Valentine’s Day Bee Popsicle Stick Craft?
- Regular size popsicle sticks
- Small popsicle sticks
- Yellow paint & paint brush
- Black paint pen or marker
- Craft eyes
- Craft pom poms
- Construction paper
- Pipe cleaner
- Hot glue
- Evenly line up 7 regular size popsicle sticks
- Using a hot glue gun, run a line of hot glue the entire length of a small popsicle stick & press it horizontally onto one end of the 7 sticks.
- Repeat this step on the other end as well.
- Flip the newly made board over and coat with an even layer of yellow paint. Let it dry.
- Glue the eyes in place.
- Use paint pen or marker to draw on nose and mouth.
- Use paint pen, marker, or pipe cleaner to add stripes.
- For the antennae, cut the pipe cleaner in half and attach from the back of the board – if desired, add craft poms to the end of each
- Using the construction paper, cut out 2 heart-shaped pieces for the wings, and decorate as desired.
- Attach the wings with glue from the back of the board
- Cut an additional, smaller heart to make the Bee Mine sign. Decorate and glue on the front, over the stripes.
- Your Valentine’s Bee is now complete!
I hope that you have fun bonding with your children and making this adorable Valentine’s Day bee craft. This is the perfect craft to help your toddlers and preschoolers with. As a bonus, it’ll make an adorable piece of seasonal home decor!