When I think back to being a child in school, one of my most nostalgic memories is creating photo frame crafts. I had to bring back the photo frame craft this Valentine’s Day with this adorable craft for your preschoolers and toddlers.
I loved bringing home photo frames for the holidays and I remember my mom having a few hanging on the tree over the years. I don’t remember creating many for Valentine’s Day but I absolutely love the idea and I think you’re going to love this fun idea for celebrating Valentine’s Day without the candy and sugar.
Want fun activities like this sent straight to your door? Subscribe to The Toddler Lab’s monthly subscription box!
Grab your supplies and get ready to create this adorable Valentine’s Day photo frame craft!
- 4 jumbo popsicle craft sticks
- Paint & Paint Brush
- Paint Pens or Markers
- Construction Paper
- Craft Pom Poms
- Hot Glue
- Glue Stick
Photo Frame Assembly Instructions:
- Paint all 4 popsicle sticks any desired color.
- Let them dry.
- Use hot-glue to glue the sticks together forming a square shape.
- Cut the desired color construction paper into various size heart shapes and attach to your frame using a glue stick.
- Continue to decorate your frame in any pattern you choose using a variety of materials – paint pens or markers, craft pom poms, etc.
- Using a glue stick, attach photos, art, poems, etc. from the back of your frame, facing front
- Enjoy your hand made display piece!
I love how simple this Valentine’s Day photo frame craft is for toddlers and preschoolers to complete. I also love that they can be as creative as they’d like while exploring supplies, textures, and shapes.
This craft project makes a great gift for family members. They’re going to love the special gift from the young ones in their life.